sabato 8 ottobre 2016

Moving to campus - part 1



Hi everybody,
sorry for the long absence but in these days I had to move to the campus, go to the language course and i have a group assignment to hand-in and I didn't have a lot of time to write.
Yeah, you heard well. Finally I have the room in the university campus. The type of the room I have chosen is the one in the corridor, shared flat with other thirteen people.
After one month in a Swedish family, i obtained the room from the 1st of October. But because the office was closed on Saturday - because the 1st October was Saturday - i had been able to pick up the 3rd.
If you are a free mover, as me, in Karlstad university, your room is empty. That's means that for the furniture is the student that has to pay for it.
So, because the 3rd was a delicate study day, I did not have time to go to Ikea or whatever to buy it and I didn't want to sleep on the floor at the end i decided to move the 5th of October staying few days more with the family.
The 3rd I picked up the keys in the lunch break and I visited for the first time my new room, that is going to be mine for the next two years (hopefully).
Good sizes:
1. quite cozy and new;
2. two windows, so a lot of light (only the rooms in the corner have them);
3. my private bathroom (it is the first time in my life that i don't have to share it, i feel like a queen now!);
4. little private fridge, that is confusion because all the time you go to the common kitchen you have to bring in and bring back the food. But at the same time you have your fridge, you put whatever you want and if you want something to eat you do not have to move your ass;
5. you can choose the furniture you want and personalize it
6. quite, never heard screaming or people partying in my corridor for now (lets hope for the best in the future)
7. almost all my friends are studying in the university and obviously they live in the campus, and finally I can meet easily with them without any drama as before
8. now i'm like 7 minutes by walk from the university (before 20 mins BY BUS)

Bad sizes:
1. quite small because of the private bath but to be a corridor and for the price I am paying it is fair
2. you have to buy everything by your own (bed, table, chair, and also the internet router...) and it is a lot of money here
3. 14 people in a corridor is a lot (but in 3 days i was able to glimpse five of my flatmates, and I was able to present myself to one of them but I do not even remember his name, and the kitchen is literally empty almost all the day. People just make food there and they leave. And also on Friday no people in the kitchen screaming, no a sound from the kitchen, really. I was living with 4 people in Pisa and it was much more messy that these corridor, and we were really quite girls! I'm amazed by Swedish people!
4. it is far from the center (if you want to go by walk you can take 1 hour, so you need always the bus)

Pictures fom the first day:
Entrance
The "fridge" side
View to the room from the entrance side (no the window is not crooked, it's just me in a hurry)
Bath (mmm, yeah, interesting!)
As you can see it is nice and the good sizes overcome the bad ones!
So, that's my new room. I am more than happy now here, I really feel excited for my new space, and I can not wait to settle down definitely.
I will create a post (moving to campus 2) in which I will show you how I furnished it... and i hope you are going to give me good suggestions.
See u!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento