sabato 8 ottobre 2016

Moving to campus - part 2

As I told you I moved to the campus, and the same day I went to Ikea. I have here a friend that has a car, so he would have been able to help me out with all the furniture but he was out of the town in these days, so... how to do that? My plan was: buy the mattress, the  and the pillow and nothing more. Wait two days and he is going to help you with everything else. You have to know that I could ask Ikea to do that but it could take 4/6 days. And in the meanwhile? What could I do? Nothing. I brought everything in the bus with me. The mattress was rolled, and the rest (i do not know how) I was able to put in the backpack. So, you can imagine how I was looking to people but I am not the kind of person who cares about what people could think. So, I bought everything to my room (thank God it is really close to the campus bus stop) and waited 2 days. My friend returned and on Friday, after handing our assignment, free as birds, ready for the weekend, we went to Ikea. We bought table, bad (the structure), curtains, and what I need for the kitchen. It was nice and funny. 
Outside Ikea, we survived!
                         
Stuff arrived safe and sound in my room

It was the first time I was really buying real furniture from Ikea and I was feeling excited. When he left I was like jumping in the room. I could be childish but it is true. I was finally starting to create my room, my personal space. And I was excited to buid the furniture on my own. But... as it happens in the best tales, nothing last for to long.... and after 1 hour spent in assembling the chair you can imagine how tired & upset I was feeling.

                    The delirium after I started to "create" the chair
But I really wanted to finish it... so, I started to "dig in" but at 1.30am the bed wasn't done. And I gave up. I slept on the floor for the 3rd night. The following morning at 7am I woke up and I finally made it. It was thought and I realized after to have forgotten some pieces like the strips I should be supposed to use to asset the slats. But... who cares, not a lot I think could change. And I am not going to destroy everything for some bad quality strips, sorry. I tried to jump in it, to see how resistant it is and it worked out: i am alive, writing to you, so without jumping again should be super okay.  
The same day we went to different second hand shops. He also moved recently and he needed to buy the furniture. Here in Karlstad there are a lot, they are quite popular (in Italy not really much). And I was looking for something to decorate my room, something funny, simple and colorful. And I spotted a really wonderful (for me) painting. My God, i saw it and I was OH MY GOD, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I am not really an "art fan". 
The purchase of the century (lol)
Never bought one painting before in my life but that one was for me wonderful and it was costing 50 kronor (something like 5 euros). As you can see, it is really simple and so "swedish", just a nature landscape, but the colors are so well assorted and I love how the light was painted in the trees... I am really ignorant about art, and probably some art exspert could say it is the worst painting ever. I do not care, I really like it. It gives me a really quite and relaxing "state of mind". You can't see it in the picture but in the left corner there is the name of the author. 
Thank you Micael, no matter who are you.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento